Richmond is a small town of over 4,000 residents located in the Western foothills of the Green Mountains on the Eastern edge of the Lake Champlain Valley. The Winooski River runs through the town.
Richmond was settled in 1784 by Amos Brownson and John Chamberlain, and was incorporated in 1794. By 1859, the population had grown to 1,453.
Richmond is noted for the Round Church; a rare 16-sided meetinghouse that was erected in 1812-1813.
Further Information (off-site links)