Richmondville is the name of three settlements in this area, the village of West Richmondville, with just a few households, the village of Richmondville, with a population under 1,000, and the town of Richmondville, with a population under 3,000. To make matters even more involved, the villages of Richmondville and West Richmondville are both actually inside the town of Richmondville.
Richmondville town was settled in 1764, and took its name from a nearby Post Office. The Village of Richmondville separated from the town in 1881.
Further Information (off-site links)
Richmondville Town Wikipedia Article:
Richmondville Village Wikipedia Article: