Richmond is a small town of over 1,000 residents in Cheshire County, New Hampshire. The Franconia Mountain Range is a part of the town.
Richmond was initially founded in 1735 when Colonial Governor Jonathan Belcher granted it to soldiers returning from the war in Canada and it was named Sylvester-Canada. It was originally part of Massachusetts. New Hampshire ultimately became a separate province and the town was renamed Richmond and incorporated in 1752 by Governor Benning Wentworth. He named it after Charles Lennox, Duke of Richmond, a good friend of his.
Further Information (off-site links)
History of Richmond: