Richmond is a city in Macomb County (with a small part in St Clair County). It has a population of under 6,000, and is considered an outer suburb of Detroit.
Richmond was settled in 1835 by Erastus Beebe, with his two brothers and several men from Richmond, Ontario County, New York. It was originally named Beebe’s Corners. In five years the town was established and on 1 December 1859 the Grand Trunk Railway passed through the town. Beebe's Corners continued to flourish, ultimately joining forces with neighbouring towns Ridgeway and Cooper Town in 1878. The surrounding township had already been named Richmond in 1838 by settler Philip Cudworth and the combined town was incorporated as Richmond the following year.
Further Information (off-site links)
Richmond Township Website: