Richmond is a very small, inner-urban suburb of Adelaide, located in the City of West Torrens.
Settlement of the area dates from the late 1830s mainly for farming. Growth took place from the late 19th century into the early 20th century and expansion continued in the interwar period.
It was named after the first farm that was established in the area in 1839, owned by Charles Gooch. A subdivision on 1842 of the surrounding area was called "The Village of Richmond".
Further Information (off-site links)